Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Lives and works New York City.
COMMISIONS for public spaces
- Espacio Escultórico del Desierto, San Luis Potosí, México, Blue Oasis, 2014.
- Museo del Barrio, New York, New York. Field I, January 2008.
- SculptureCenter, Long Island City, New York. Patience I, January 2004.
- Plattsburgh Sculpture Park, SUNY Plattsburgh, New York. Puzzled, November 1999.
- ART/OMI Sculpture Park, Ghent, New York. Fieldwork. June 1994.
- Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City, New York. Urban Boat. May 1993.
- Point of Contact Gallery, Syracuse University, New York, El Dorado, November 2016
- Amelie Wallace Gallery, SUNY Old Westbury, New York, Sculptures in four dimensions, November 2006
- Haim Chanin Fine Arts, New York, NY. The Garden of Eden, March 2004.
- Plattsburgh State Art Museum, Plattsburgh, NY. Sculptures and drawings, January 2000.
- Museo del Chopo, Mexico City, Mexico. Sculptures and drawings, September 1997.
- Fundación Banco Patricios, Buenos Aires. Sculptures and drawings. September 1996.
- Hartell Gallery, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Sculptures and prints. April 1993.
- Tjaden Gallery, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. CCPA Grant Show. December 1992.
- Parrish Art Museum, Water Mill, New York. Artist Choose Artist, Oct 2016-Jan 2017.
- Neuhoff Gallery, New York, New York. Natural Obsessions, May 2008-July 2008.
- El Museo del Barrio, New York, New York. The (S)files,Bienual July 2007-Jan 2008.
- SculptureCenter, Long Island City, New York. In Practice, January-April 2004.
- Yvonamore Palix Gallery, Mexico City. November 1999.
- Arte/Facto, travelling show, June-October 1999
- Überseemusum, Bremen, Germany.
- Unesco Institut für Pädagogik, Hamburg, Germany.
- Bürgerhalle im Rathaus, Wolfsburg, Germany.
- Plattsburgh Sculpture Park, NY. Sculpture Terrace,1997-1999.
- Art Museum, SUNY Plattsburgh, N Y. Sculpture Park Projects, September 1996.
- ART/OMI Sculpture Park, Ghent, NY. Fieldwork. August 1994.
- Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City, New York. '93 NY 50.
- Sculptors of the next century. May 1993.
- Hartell Gallery, Cornell University, Ithaca. Sculptures and prints. April 1992.
- Art from South America, University of Massachusetts. Amherst, Massachusetts. April 1990.
- ACM Siggraph, Boston, Massachusetts, Animation, August 1989.
ARTICLES and REVIEWS
- A Garden in the Desert, The sculpture Space of the desert of San Luis Potosi. Mexico 2015, Hardcover 132 pgs.
Raul Berreneche, Art & Architecture, HC&C, July 2014.
- Victor Gutierrez Sanchez, El Espacio Escultorico del Desierto, Revista Habita. Mexico, 2014.
- Jose Aldrete-Hass, Sculpture Space in the Desert, Editorial Pramana, Mexico. July 2012.
- Saul Yurkievich, Letters between a poet and a translator. Visual text Karin Waisman. Point of Contact, Vol.9, June 2009.
- Judith Tennenbaum, Styrofoam: from industrial invention to artistic transformation. Rhode Island School of Design,
Exhibition Notes, Number 29, Spring 2008.
- Fred Bernstein, The New York Times, July 24, 2008.
- ARTMEDIA, Arte en Mesoamerica, Reviews, The Bienal, Costa Rica, #, Summer 2007.
- Martha Schwendener,, Art review/The (S) Files 007, The New York Times. August 31, 2007.
- Julian Zugazagoitia, Director Museo del Barrio, Introduction Catalogue 5th, New York, 2007.
- Carmen Ramos, American Art Without Borders: The (S)Files Biennial 2007. Catalogue Museo del Barrio
- Elvis Fuentes, Classified report on the S files, Catalogue 5th Bienal Museo del Barrio. New York, 2007.
- Jonathan Goodman, Reviews, Sculpture Magazine, June 2006.
- Gerard Mc Carthy, Reviews, Art in America, summer 2006.
- Graciela Kartofel, News & views, Art Nexus, October 2004.
- Hilarie Sheets, Reviews, ARTnews, summer 2004.
- Alejandra Villasmil, Reviews, Arte al Dia, #103, June 2004.
- Grace Gluek, Art in Review, The Garden of Eden, The New York Times. April 16, 2004.
- Olivier Berggruen, Efflorescence & Evanescence. Catalogue Haim Chanin Fine Arts. March 2004.
- Shirley Kaneda, Editor's Choice, BOMB Magazine, March 2004.
- Arte Compartido, Harper’s Bazaar Magazine, Mexico, February 2000.
- Barbara J. Bloemink, essay Catalogue Plattsburg Art Museum, January 2000.
- Edward Brohel, "Introduction", Director Plattsburg State Art Museum. Catalogue Sculpture Park,1999.
- Osvaldo Sanchez, "Tecali or the house where we never live…",
- Catalogue Arte-fact Germany, July 1999.
- Adrian Sina "Advento, the ethics of a shared transcultural utopia". Catalogue Arte-fact Germany, 1999.
- Carlos Aranda and Paloma Porraz, "The illusion of construction". Catalogue Museo del Chopo, 1997.
- "Exhibitions, Summer 1996, Sculpture Project and Proposals". Museum News. SUNY Plattsburgh, vol.6.
- Elena Oliveras "Jugar en serio", Catalogue Fundación Banco Patricios. September 1996.
- Juan Medrano-Pizarro "Circles, plans, spirals and puzzles",
- Catalogue Fundación Banco Patricios, Sept. 1996.
- Michael Kimmelman, “Outdoor Sculpture in Review". The New York Times. August 6, 1993.
- Shelley Cryer, “A melting pot of Art”,. The Sunday Gazette, July 30, 1994.
- "Art Criticism in Latin America", Karin Waisman, Q Journal of Art. Cornell University,1993.
- "Interview with Ursula von Ridingsvard", Karin Waisman, Q Journal of Art. Cornell University, 1992.
GRANTS and AWARDS
- Venture Found, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire.
- Multimedia piece: “(des)encounters”, The poetic gaze of Enrique Lihn in collaboration with Juan Medrano-Pizarro. June 1996-March 1997.
- CCPA Grant, Council for Creative And Performing Arts,Cornell University,1992.
- ACM Siggraph, Boston, Massachusetts. Computer Animation Show. Category: Projects.
- "PotHeads", animation (3 minutes) in collaboration, August 1989.
- School of Architecture, Buenos Aires. December 1983.
- Architects Association of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Dec. 1981.
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA. Degree: Master in Fine Arts, May 1993.
- University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Diploma: Architect. December 1986.